10 Smart Rules for Giving Negative Feedback
Praising good performance is easy, but what about those times when someone on your team needs a kick in the butt more than a pat on the back?
here are the 10 rules:
1. Make negative feedback unusual.
2. Don’t stockpile negative feedback.
3. Never use feedback to vent.
4. Don’t email negative feedback.
5. Start with an honest compliment.
6. Uncover the root of the problem.
7. Listen before you speak.
8. Ask questions that drive self-evaluation.
9. Coach the behaviors you would like to see.
10. Be willing to accept feedback, too.
See on business.time.com